Earn Money Consigning at My Sister’s Closet
Thank you for your interest in consigning with My Sister’s Closet. We are looking for items that are brand new or almost brand new. The following store policy will help guide you in preparing your items for consignment. All consignments are by appointment only. All items will be inspected to determine salability.
- Women’s upscale/designer clothing – current styles within 3 years.
- Accessories such as handbags, hats, scarves, belts.
- Shoes/boots – brand new or worn only once or twice.
- Jewelry – vintage to current style – fine to fashion.
- Coats and jackets in season.
- All items must be freshly washed and pressed or dry cleaned and come in on hangers. Your hangers will gladly be returned to you upon request.
- Fresh smelling garments, no mothball, cedar or smoke odors.
- All buttons must be intact.
- Working zippers and fasteners.
- No wrinkles, holes, pilling, tears, stains, lint or pet hair.
- No signs of wear especially on the collar, cuffs and hem lines.
Terms and Conditions:
- Consignment period is 60 to 90 days, depending on when you bring in the items.
- Items will be reduced to half price 2 weeks prior to the end of the consignment period and items may be reduced for store specials at any given time.
- Any items not picked up at the end of the consignment period will be donated to a charity of our choice.
- Consignor will receive 50% of the selling price.
- Checks will be issued at the end of the consignment period.
- A $5 consignment fee will be collected for the spring/summer season (February – July) and for the fall/winter season (August – January).
- We will do our best to keep your items in excellent condition; however, if any item is damaged while on the sales floor, My Sister’s Closet will not be held responsible.
Items not acceptable:
- Wedding dresses, bridesmaid or prom gowns.
- Lingerie (except brand new with tags).
- Bathing suits (except brand new with tags).
- We do not accept any copies, fakes or forgeries.
- January: Transition to Spring
- February to July: Spring & Summer
- August: Transition to Fall
- September to December: Fall & Winter
We also offer an outright purchase for your clothing and accessories, and you will immediately receive payment for all items accepted. Purchase price will be low, as we will be preparing the items for sale. We accept all seasons for outright purchases. We do ask that washable items be washed and we will accept lightly soiled dry cleanable items. They may be folded and brought in or come in on hangers (inspection is faster if items are on hangers).